Monday, September 8, 2008

Assignment 12 Part 2: Texture

I was going to move on to another topic (depth for those who wanted to know.) But I found that I didn't stretch myself as much as I could have this week and I'm wondering how many other people did that too. I found that my strength in using texture is using physical texture with building up paints and other material to create the texture. My weakness is using texture by drawing or painting it in and not building it up. So, for those of you who may have stretched yourselves and chose to do the assignment as you haven't before...good for you. For those of you who didn't (like myself) we will have a chance this week to make up for it.

The assignment is to do another textured painting but do one opposite of the one you did last week. If you piled on the paint to allow that to make the texture then try doing a drawing or painting in which actual physical texture is limited. And vice versa.

Here is a link to a few watercolor techniques that have been done by Ellen Fountain.

Please remember to critique this past week's assignment when they are posted.

No comments: